Since we were young children, we often enjoyed a nice, tall glass of milk. At times, it was to dunk some cookies and at other times, it may have just been a part of breakfast. Since that time, however, many of us have come to realize that milk is not good for us and we have made the switch from dairy to some other type of beverage that we might still call milk.
For some of us, it was a matter of being lactose intolerant and for others, it was to overcome some type of issue associated with drinking dairy, such as mucous production or coughing. Regardless of why we decided to give up dairy, it was often a choice that we took on a personal basis and we may have even shared our success stories with others.
Although there may be a number of different types of beverages that could replace milk, one that many of us choose is soy milk. We often make that choice because it doesn’t contain lactose, so for those who are lactose intolerant, it seems that it might be a good choice. We might also think that it is a good choice because soy milk is often fortified with a number of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B, iron, calcium and protein. It is also low in saturated fats and cholesterol. When you look at these facts, you might think that soy milk is the perfect choice. There is only one problem, however, research has shown that drinking soy milk puts your health at risk.
When you drink milk, you are actually drinking the following ingredients:
Soy milk (Filtered water, whole soybeans)
Vitamin A palmitate
When we first look at the list of ingredients, it might not seem all that bad. One of those ingredients, carrageenan, might not be familiar to us. They belong to a family of linear sulfated polysaccharides and are extracted from red seaweed. In many cases, they are used for thickening and gelling.
Carrageenan is not able to be digested by the human body and it carries no nutritional value. It might be from a natural source but it destroys the immune system and triggers inflammation in the body. On top of those issues, it has been associated with a higher risk of IBS, diarrhea and even colon cancer.
Your decision to drink soy milk or not is a personal one but it is a controversial subject, to say the least.
10 Reasons TO Avoid Soy Milk
1. Soybeans contain natural toxins that lower your estrogen levels. If you drink only 2 glasses per day, it can alter your hormones.
2. Soybeans contain haemagglutinin, a clot promoting substance.
3. 99% of soy is GMO and it contains high levels of pesticides.
4. Soybeans have high levels of phytic acid, and they inhibit assimilation of magnesium, calcium, copper, zinc and iron.
5. Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum, which is a toxin to the body. It negatively affects the nervous system and the kidneys, and it’s been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
6. When soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures during processing, it makes them dangerous for human digestion.
7. Soy contains toxic isoflavones which can stimulate the growth of existing breast cancer cells.
8. Eating soy disrupts endocrine function, leading to the possibility of breast cancer and infertility in women.
9. High levels of goitrogens in soy foods block the production of thyroid hormones.
10. Nitrates are formed during the spray-drying process.
This video shows you more of the dangers of soy:
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook