I think all of us could agree that being sick is something that we would rather avoid. In fact, we will go out of our way to make sure we avoid getting sick. We will go to the doctor when we start to feel poorly, often in hopes that they will provide us with some sort of miracle cure. All too often, however, we end up on the short end of that equation.
What if I were to tell you that there was a product that could treat almost any common ailment that we might experience, from a bout with the common cold to an earache? Not only does such a product exist, it is likely that you already have some at your home in the medicine cabinet or perhaps tucked inside of a drawer in your nightstand.
I’m talking about VapoRub. Since the time we were young children, we have rubbed this miracle gel on our chests when we got the sniffles and when we smell it, it tends to take us back to those times. Of course, this is something that most of us know and it really comes as no surprise that VapoRub can be used when you have the sniffles. What might come as a surprise to you is the fact that it can be used for so many other purposes.
If you are looking for a way to boost your health, then make sure you have some VapoRub on hand. You will find that you are reaching for it regularly once you know these 11 ways that it can help you in life:
1. Migraines – Most of us suffer from headaches but when you have a migraine, that is taking things to an entirely new level. It typically starts with some visual disturbances and before we know it, we are suffering from a splitting headache that may also include nausea and vomiting.
You can treat a migraine by rubbing a small amount of VapoRub on your temples and forehead. The mentholated scent will help to bring about the relief you need.
2. Colds – When you catch a cold, especially if you have a nasty cough, VapoRub can come to the rescue. You can put some on your chest to provide some relief but the real relief comes when you put it on your feet. Rub it generously on your feet and then put on a pair of comfy socks while you sleep at night. You will sleep soundly through the night.
3. Puppy Potty-Training – It can be wonderful to bring a new puppy into the home but there are also some frustrations associated with it as well. One of those problems is teaching the puppy to go to the bathroom outside but Vics can make it much easier. Both dogs and cats can’t stand the smell of VapoRub so leave an open jar in the area where they tend to go inside. They will avoid that area from then on.
4. Stretch Marks – Many of us suffer from stretch marks, either because of weight gain or perhaps because of pregnancy. Rub some VaboRub on the stretch marks directly every day. The red marks will disappear quickly and the marks themselves will fade over time.
5. Keep away Bugs – When you spend time outdoors, the bugs can make you miserable. A little VapoRub can go a long way in helping to keep those pests away. Rather than spraying yourself down with a chemical repellant, put some VapoRub behind your ears, on the arms and legs and on the neck. Be sure to bring some with you for others.
6. Muscle Pain – When you have sore muscles, the menthol in Vics can help to make them feel better. Not only will it help to reduce pain, it can increase circulation to the area as well. It’s a one-two punch that will reduce the pain significantly.
7. Acne – When you suffer from acne, you are likely looking for a treatment that will work quickly and completely. All too often, however, the treatments are expensive and not very effective. Try putting some Vics in the area at bedtime and watch what happens in the morning.
8. Nail Fungus – This is a rather embarrassing problem but it is also one that can often be treated effectively with VapoRub. Simply cover the affected nails and keep your feet uncovered as long as possible.
9. Cat Scratching – Do you have a cat that loves to scratch the furniture? Put a small amount of Vics VapoRub in that area and they will avoid it. Cats don’t like the smell of VapoRub.
10. Earaches – An earache can be a very painful problem but the treatment may be as close as your bottle of VapoRub. Put a little VapoRub on a cotton ball and put it in the ear. This isn’t going to clear the infection but it does help to make the pain more manageable.
11. Ticks – If you have a tick embedded in your skin, VapoRub may be just the ticket to get them to back out. Put some on the back of the tick and they will release their bite. If you see a bulls-eye rash in the area, see a doctor to rule out Lyme Disease.
These are a few of the different things that VapoRub can treat. When you have a bottle available, you have a quick treatment for many common problems.
Help your friends to use VapoRub to the full. Please share this with them.