People will go to great lengths in order to ensure that their home is clean. In many cases, they purchase the cleaners at the grocery store or perhaps a department store and they will often purchase what they have seen advertised on television. The problem is, when you look beyond the fancy packaging, there are often some rather serious issues that are lurking underneath. Many household cleaners that are supposed to keep our homes clean actually can be harming our health because they contain many chemicals.
In order to avoid this problem, especially for individuals who suffer from allergies and other sensitivities, the use of natural products is often considered. These natural products can often do a much better job than the commercial cleaners and they do so without the harmful issues that may be associated with using commercial products. One of those items that can be used to clean the home is tea tree oil. When it is used properly, it can accomplish amazing things.
Check out these benefits of tea tree oil in this video:
Tea tree oil comes from the Melaleuca tree, a native of Australia. The aborigines used it as an antibacterial agent and as a natural treatment for muscle pain and other ailments. It is well known as having strong antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is also a powerful antiseptic, so it can be used in the following ways around the home:
1. All-purpose cleaner – Use a tablespoon of borax, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and four drops of tea tree oil added to water in a 12 ounce spray bottle. It works as a very powerful and effective all-purpose cleaner around the home.
2. Ant repellent – One of the issues that many homes face is an invasion of ants, typically when the weather changes. If you find that ants are entering into your home regularly, you can use some tea tree oil in the area to keep them away. You can also wipe down the cupboards with a mixture of tea tree oil and water for roaches.
3. Dishes – If you want to disinfect your dishes, then add up to two drops of tea tree oil to your soap dispenser or in your dishwasher before you add the soap.
4. Disinfectant – When you have a family member who has been ill, add a few drops to a warm mist vaporizer. You can also add up to 8 drops to the laundry to keep the linens clean as well.
5. Clothing – When you want to disinfect your clothing, you can add some tea tree oil to each load of laundry. It will disinfect the clothing and leave a pleasant scent behind.
The next time you clean your home, avoid the commercial household cleaners that could leave behind the chemical residue that could make you and your family sick. The use of tea tree oil is a natural way to care for the necessary cleaning around the home and it not only cleans things, it helps them smell fantastic as well.
Are you going to try this household cleaning tip? Be sure to share it on Facebook.